Saturday, December 1, 2012

Joy

IMG_2808That's what was waiting for me when I got home last night.  Joy.  There was a box leaning against the wall by the garage.  I had ordered some things for my grandson so I thought maybe one of them had arrived.  Not!  Much to my delight this is what was in the box (from my Sweet Sister Faith).  This beautiful angel, made by Faith herself.  She does such gorgeous work.  Made so perfectly.  Beautifully adorned with little roses.  I have name her Joy as that was what I have received.  And just take a look at this snowflake.  Is this just gorgeous?  Also made by Faith and which had adorned the wrapping. 
IMG_2810  Thank you Sweet Sister Faith for the Joy that you have given me.  What a way to begin this season.  I am blessed.

11 comments:

  1. How beautiful Glor! Talent runs in the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....oh you received her fast... I love the name " Joy ", I was worried all her hair would fall out in transit...she doesn't look to worse for the wear & tumble..feel free to paint a face on here...I dared not...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful snowflake pattern courtesy of
    Snowcatcher, she has tons of beauties to make
    if you havn't been go there now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool..it is always neat to get unexpected things in the mail..as long as it isn't a bill..Hey I have been having problems leaving comments on your blog..I have been visiting..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd be filled with joy if I received a package like that, too!!! That angel is just gorgeous! Faith did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww such a sweet gift from the heart. :)

    I adore Snowcatcher's snowflakes...I think she is beyond awesome and so very talented! I love this snowflake you received, too...

    Faith is such a sweetie, but then again, so are you dear Glor, so are you.

    Blessings always to you and Sister Faith, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to receive such a lovely gift... Very blessed indeed :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little angel is so sweet. And the snowflake is very pretty. I bought some crochet thread to do snowflakes and tried my hand at it over the weekend. My fingers just don't work well with that small hook. I finally went to a bit bigger one, mixed the thread with some thin cotton yarn, and made stars. Much easier to work with that way. Happy holidays! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful gifts! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Sister...you should also take pictures of your Grandmothers Treasures...quite a few have commented on this..it seems to tug at the heart strings. I never knew any of my grandparents..they died before I came along. The M on the hankie is for Micheal my grandfather I suppose, maybe it was her wedding hanky...? My Grandmother's name was
    Elizabeth. ;) As is my confirmation name...in her honor. I thankful to be reminded of that...I need to keep that close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete